Friday, April 30, 2010

The value in investing in children

Psalm 138:7-8

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,
with your right hand you save me.

8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.


I cling strongly to these words in the Bible when I feel myself become overwhelmed with the needs of orphans across our nation and around the world. I am moved by the numbers of Christians who have decided to adopt are who have taken orphan care points under their wing, called them their own and have become the voice for the voiceless.

God cherishes life. God's plans carry out in and through every child no matter what the journey may be.

The orphan crisis is something that is growing in volumes by the thousands every day. Will we rise up and support God's children who have no one to call their own? I believe it needs to take more than families adopting

It will take churches rising up and adopting a community of orphans to bring change. Can we rise up to that challenge, to THIS CALL?

In order for this to continue to happen, we need to invest our young people and children to the need of orphan care. God has laid this so heavily on my heart as the team I am taking to Kenya is June prepares for departure.

Of the 9 people going to Kenya June 3-18th, 5 of these people are youth ages 12-18. OVER HALF! I didn't think of this until a couple of weeks ago. We have FIVE YOUTH from our church's youth group going to Kenya-spreading their excitement and anticipation of what is ahead of them. We have FIVE YOUTH who attend a local Christian School in town that has gone before their Administrative Board asking for a partnership with Mattaw Children's Village school.

We have the power to change the lives of thousands of orphans by coming together and using the resources we have to impact children who are so vulnerable.

God wants us to be His vessels-to be His hands and feet to defend the cause of the orphan.

Want to start? Please email me at tlkenya (at) yahoo (dot) com if you would like to help.

No comments: