Monday, May 31, 2010

Feeling........

I have logged in here several times-started a post, saved it, and logged off. So, bear with me. :)

I have so many random thoughts going through my head.

I leave for Kenya with 8 FABULOUS people on Thursday. Robbyn, Ryan, Trevor; Wes, Teri, Jordan, Adam, and Ally.

I have all my stuff sprawled out on the floor-but not in my suitcase.

I'm wrapping up last minute work details and spending as much quality time with my family as I can.

I feel peace moving forward with this team-I've never lead a team before, and I'm completely relying on the Lord to give me the wisdom and assurance I need to bring them.

I feel similar pangs of attack the enemy used when TJ and I went to Kenya without our children back in the Fall of 2008.

I feel JOY from the phone call I received this morning from a sweet Kenyan woman informing me that I will be able to hug my sweet daughter, Priscillah and her baby boy, Daniel on Saturday morning, as they intend to meet us at the bus stop before we head to Kitale.

I feel apprehensive as I feel our third child kick me inside my womb as I have never traveled pregnant before. Grateful for the life God has given this baby and anticipating his/her delivery and be witness to the purpose this child has been given (Psalm 139) and the honor of being her/his mom.

I pray for safety and protection for our team.

I pray for God to break our hearts for the least of these and for the team to be sparked a passion that can only come from God to be a catalyst for change.

9 people. 1 country. 14 days. 18 hands, 18 feet. God, multiply our works and help us run this race for the least of these!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So much on your heart. May God bless youon this amazing journey!

Michelle H. said...

I can relate to some of your feelings...leaving our kids was always really difficult for me. It was a constant opportunity to trust that whether I'm here with them or across the ocean, God is in control, not me. Also, being pregnant on a mission trip....I'll be praying for you as well as that little babe while you are gone. Enjoy your time!

mountain mama said...

i'll be praying for the safety of you and your team!
God bless you all!

krysta said...

linds - as I was driving into town this morning, newsboys "he reigns" came on the radio - and as soon as I heard the first phrase, tears welled up in my eyes. it was the most powerful experience - as I listened to that song and thought of you leading that group - and the amazing work you will be doing - and just think, your sweet babe will be doing God's work even before we meet him or her! praying for you everyday - looking forward to hearing about your trip!!

here are the lyrics - as you read them, you'll know why I was so impacted by them!

its the song of the redeemed, rising from the african plain
its the song of the forgiven, drowning out the amazon rain
the song of asian believers, filled with god's holy fire
its every tribe, every tongue, every nation, A love song born of a grateful choir

its all gods children singing glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns
its all gods children singing glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns

let it rise above the four winds, caught up in the heavenly sounds
let praises echo from the towers of cathedrals, to the faithful gathered underground
of all the songs sung from the dawn of creation, some were meant to persist
of all the bells rung from a thousand steeples, none rings truer than this

its all gods children singing glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns
its all gods children singing glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns
its all gods children singing glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns
its all gods children singing glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns

and all the powers of darkness, tremble at what they've just heard
cause all the powers of darkness, cant drown out a single word

when all gods children sing out glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns
all gods children sing out glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns
all gods people singing glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns
all gods people singing glory glory, hallelujah he reigns, he reigns
glory glory, glory glory
glory glory hallelujah, he reigns