Saturday, June 18, 2011

Living in a "newspaper" world. Change.

I do not know many of you who read my blog. But, I feel lead to show you this 10 minute video.

John Piper has been one of the billions of pieces of my life's puzzle that God has used to mold me in who I am today.

Suffering has been on my mind lately. It's been one of the BIGGEST heart issues that as a mom I have aggressively wrestled with this year as I tell God

"NO, YOU CAN ONLY HAVE PART OF ME...NOT ALL OF IT. I STILL WAN'T CONTROL OVER MY HEALTH, MY SAFETY AND THAT OF MY FAMILY".

I've feared suffering. "No, not me, God". Not my family or my kids.

I found myself living and building this false sense of security and safety.

Safety and security doesn't exist. You can build your walls higher and wider. But in reality, I've failed.

You may not understand things John Piper talks about fully in this brief sermon. But, I challenge you to listen to every word and be moved. Be disgusted. Be offended. Know Jesus. Be challenged.

3 comments:

Krisanne said...

Wow - thanks so much for sharing this, Lindsey! It's hard to hear, yet really, really good to hear, too. Love you guys!

Shannonheick said...

awesome Vid lindsey!

Daryl and Janelle Fish said...

WOW! Great Reminder!