Sunday, February 21, 2010

He does it again :: The Ring




Meet my 3 yr old, Collin. Cute, eh? Yeah, I thought so too. But do not be deceived...he is so full of mischief a 24 hour period with him will leave you feeling as if nothing else could surprise you.

Today, he surprised me.

We spent the weekend with my parents repainting the interior of our home. Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. However, our ceilings look amazing...our wall, well, they are a force to be reckoned with.....

anyways.....

This morning, leaving for church, I could not find my wedding ring. This was the second time in 2 months this has happened. I'm sure you know the feeling

P.A.N.I.C.

The feeling you get when you do not find your wedding ring where you swear you left it just hours before.

I asked both of our boys "where is mommy's ring???"

"I dunno!" was the response I received from both. I looked over, under, upside down, toppling everything I saw around the area I left my ring at over.

Then it dawned on me. Bribery works.

"Hey boys, the first person who finds mommy's wedding ring will get a homemade blizzard (ice cream blended drink) with any candy you choose".

Collin promptly stands up and states. "I know where it is Mommy...it's in my bank!!! My little boy football bank."

Seriously?

Yup.

My husband took him into his room to empty out his 'little boy football bank' as I continued the trashing of my home. He came out holding my ring.

I do not recommend bribery as good parenting technique, but desperate time equals desperate measures, right? A blizzard is cheaper than the purchase of a new wedding ring-or insurance claim, or whatever and tonight my heart rests easier....

What desperate measures have you taken in your desperate mommy moments!!?!?!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I'm so glad you found it and a blizzard is surely the affordable way. I can't believe he had your ring in his piggy bank!