Friday, February 27, 2009

Octu-mom what!?!?!?!

I love Friday nights in our home. I may be wierd, but after working full time all week I am content to just be at home with my kiddos! Tonight, I finished making a blanket for each of the boys. Ben was waiting oh-so-patiently as I was finishing up the last few stitches. But FINALLY HE JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER!!!!!

Ben: "Mom, what if you cut and sew at the same time. . . like do all the things you do at the same time? Like, what if you could sew, eat AND do the dishes? "

I didn't know how to answer him, so I just giggled and fed into his story a bit to tease his imagination.

Then Ben said something I will never forget,

"Mom, what if you were an octopus?"

I asked him to clarify what he meant (already knowing) and Ben stated,

"You know, be like that mom on TV with all the arms for all of her babies. I mean, she must have LOTS of dishes to do."

Oh Benjamin! there are truly some days where I feel like I need to be an octupus....but why couldn't it be a little bit more of a glamorous animal!?!?!?!?

No comments: