Saturday, June 13, 2009

Monkey bread for your monkeys

I have to say. My hubby lives up to his word. I was sent out of the house swiftly this morning after I made monkey bread for breakfast so he could clean the house.

Now, I made my lists for what I wanted done to the various rooms. Wow. He did above and beyond. Thank you honey and I love you beyond words!!

So now I will sit back in the freshly uncluttered, clean smelling nook I call home.

Some of you requested my "Monkey Bread" recipe. I used to follow measurements, but have now learned that a dash of this and a whole lot of that works best :)

Here is a general outline of what goes in:

1-4 tubes of refrigerated biscuits

Sugar

Cinnamon

Butter

Brown Sugar

Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray.

Cut the biscuits into quarters and role in cinnamon sugar mixture. Some prefer to put cinnamon sugar mixture in a big Ziploc and add all the biscuit pieces and shake (great kid-helper part).

Dump the sugar coated pieces into the bundt pan and spread evenly.

Melt together butter and brown sugar. I use about 1 stick of butter for 2 tubes of biscuits and about a 3/4 cup of brown sugar.

Pour butter/brn sugar mixture evenly over biscuit pieces.

Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

We've bought the frozen monkey bread at the store before and the kids really liked it, thanks for the recipe I'm sure they'll love helping to make some themselves.