Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Meet the Grandparents.....

Meet Grandpa O.



I love him. This sign has been hanging above his woodpile for as long as I can remember. He is a cynical, dry-humored man and I have memories of him threatening to tie me to a tree if I called him a "bald-headed man" again....he did get me tied to a tree once....but only once....




My Grandpa would take us into his workshop every summer we came to visit and we would pick out what animal-or whatever we wanted to make out of wood. One time, I made a cow like the one hanging below.



My Grandpa said that "Joywood" is what Grandma calls 'camp'. I didn't know that. It suits here because all of my memories of Grandma are full smiles and true JOY! How can you NOT call camp "Joywood"???



And how could we forget the swing?

My Grandpa had a game he made up with 2 swings. One, a wooden, flat seat, hanging from a tree branch we would swing from. The second, this one:



He would swing the plastic tire swing at us and if it hit us, he would yell STINKFISH! My kids thought that was a hoot.

One of the things I love most about my Grandma is....



well, the Swedish pancakes are AMAZING...BUT......

I can't help but LOVE the fact that she is crazy about wearing authentic African paperbead necklaces!!!! Doesn't she look gorgeous wearing them????

1 comment:

Michelle H. said...

Fun post! Thanks for sharing a bit about your family.