Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Book Club

Hey gals!

I am joining a Bible study this sememster with a group of women and we are going through the book "Prodigal God" by Tim Keller. I'm super excited about it.

I also am reading this AWESOME book, titled "Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God".

I would love for YOU to join too! Here is the site: http://www.thebloombookclub.blogspot.com/

I also have copied and pasted the reading schedule. The site above is where you can go and watch a video "discussion" and join in on chats with other women like yourselves.

Here is a bit about the book from the website posted above:

About the book (from Amazon): "Sometimes I feel like when I make decisions that are remotely biblical, people who call themselves Christians are the first to criticize and say I'm crazy, that I'm taking the Bible too literally, or that I'm not thinking about my family's well-being. . . When people gladly sacrifice their time or comfort or home, it is obvious that they trust in the promises of God. Why is it that the story of someone who has actually done what Jesus commands resonates deeply with us, but we then assume we could never do anything so radical or intense? Or why do we call it radical when, to Jesus, it is simply the way it is? The way it should be?"

The schedule for reading is as follows:

September 13: Intro and chapter 1
September 20: Chapter 2
September 27: Chapter 3
October 4: Chapter 4
October 11: Chapter 5
October 18: Chapter 6
October 25: Chapter 7
November 1: Chapter 8
November 8: Chapter 9
November 15: Chapter 10 and wrap-up

Let me know if you join! It would be super fun to see you on discussions :)

No comments: