Friday, September 18, 2009

Prayer team

I am just needing to be real-a bit raw for a moment.

TJ and I have a big weekend coming up. I'd appreciate your prayers. Some intial dialogue is coming up with folks down in Texas regarding Mattaw Children's Village and we are finishing up an article that will be published about our family in a local magazine in November.

I'm a bit nervous about all of this and I feel myself wanting to jump ship, but am also reminded in the same moment that this is His journey and we are choosing to be His hands and feet. Step by step. Faith.

This is not a journey we are choosing to take to become noticed or to become a "brave face" for those to admire. No. Simply, we hope to be a testimony of who Jesus Christ was and is today while actively living out what God has given us a heart for.

We are fighting a real battle. Sin trips us-daily. I scold my children too hard sometimes, I have bad attitudes some days. TJ and I get into arguments. My prayer is that TJ and I can take up our crosses daily and focus on serving a God who loves us more than we could ever know. We want to surrender our lives to serve Him wherever He leads us. To stay united.

We need prayer. We need a solid prayer team to be behind us as we make decisions this year. Would you like to join us? We have an email set up to communicate with those of you that may have questions about what we are doing. Feel free to ask us "WHAT has been going on with YOU" or, whatever strikes your fancy. I will be better at sending more regular updates, as there are many details happening behind the scenes that I do not blog about right now as I do not feel like it is necessary. Our email is:

tlkenya@yahoo.com

We would covet your prayers. We would love to get to know you-whoever you are and hear YOUR heart for what God is doing in your life. We would love to build a community that wants their hearts to break for what breaks the Lord's heart. Through orphan care, or whatever YOU are passionate about.

Love and hugs.

No comments: