Thursday, May 19, 2011

Homeschooling

Homeschooling has been an internal battle for me for over a year now. It's been mixed with feelings of dread and insecurity and gradually has evolved into excitement and anticipation.

Looking back at the journey of God gently peeled my tight grip from my will and lovingly disciplined me to pursuing HIS heart. When I finally let go of my will, which included NOT owning a mini van or living in the frozen tundra prairies, it's been a journey of living by the seat of my pants.

It's been an amazing ride.

Homeschooling has me really excited. Did I really just say that? Never ever did I foresee me feeling excited about it. I find myself on websites and in stores looking for creative ways to teach our kids the next 2 years.

So, we will be starting THIS SUMMER with homeschooling. Ben, being 11 days away from summer vacation, has other ideas about what to do with his time. We figure if we start now, it is one less thing to adjust to in Kenya....and I think we would benefit from that.

Thank you for all of your encouragement with homeschooling. I know there will be struggles ahead. Please keep filling me up with what works for you and what hasn't worked!

No comments: