Tuesday, July 12, 2011

yes, the anxiety is still there.

"God is in the slums, in the cardboard boxes where the poor play house.




God is in the silence of a mother who has infected her child with a virus that will end both their lives.


God is in the cries heard under the rubble of war.


God is in the debris of wasted opportunity and lives,


and God is with us when we are with them." -Bono

I try to sit and process how on earth we will process the suffering we will see and experience on a daily basis. This has often come to mind as I think about bringing my kids to a third-world country.

I don't know how to do it, guys.

I don't think I'm supposed to know. That's okay. I don't have a choice. I cling to the truth that God doesn't thrust us into situation that He hasn't equipped us for. God is with us when we are with the poor, the addict, the destitute, the homeless, the orphan, the widow, the _____________.

But c'mon. I'm still human and I'm axious.

No comments: