Saturday, January 31, 2009

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...and SNAKES TOO!

I have been out of town the past week participating in a training that was required for work. This week has confirmed reasons why I am looking to get out of the field I currently work in and pursue something full time that doesn't involve doing what I do. It was so great to come home and get back into the normal routine....well, normal is NOT how I can describe my "welcome home"......................


When I woke up this morning, I found THIS creeping behind my head with assistance from little 2 year old hands......

Many of you may not know, but I am a brave mama. I have overtaken spiders that challenged my comfort level and rid our yard of rodents that resembled more like a jackrabbits than a mouse...but REPTILES, my dear friend, are species that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

Now, of course this is fake-but it's texture is that of the real thing. What do little boys do when they learn that mommy is afraid of this? Well, of course they intentionally put it in places I least expect it for the sheer joy of watching me shriek....the silverware drawer, under my bed covers, and in the bathtub...just to name a few.

So to add to the old saying describing boys, "snips and snails..." there needs to be something added describing their ever-so michevious-ness.

Do any of you go through this!?!?!? I really need a little girl......

No comments: