Sunday, May 10, 2009

My hot husband...and weekend adventures

Needless to say, we had a fun and busy weekend. We kicked off the weekend with a spaghetti dinner for friends and neighbors and family running the marathon. We fed ourselves until we could eat no more and had bundles of laughs.

That evening, my hot husband went to the Dome to get his chip for his shoe and other things to prep him for the big race Saturday morning. He ended up being interviewed by our a TV station. If you missed it, you can see it here.
Isn't he just CUTE!?!?!
Saturday morning we all got up early and positioned ourselves to watch him run the big 26.2 miles. These kind of races clearly define our relationship. If TJ doesn't run, he needs to be on meds and seeing a shrink regularly. I, however, am perfectly content setting up my lawn chair, and screaming as loud as possible as he runs by. I'm also content to be the one picking him up at a town 20 miles away in our car after he finishes training for a day.
I am so proud of his time: 3:29 His goal was 3:30:00. Way to go babe!
What is his next mission? Talking me into doing a "partnered" triathalon in Minneapolis in July. Hmmm...I'll get back to him on that one.. :)
Here are some pics from the weekend. We had loads of company, Ben's pre-birthday celebration, marthon, and finally topped off the weekend with some QT (or quality time) with our boys for Mothers Day.









After it was all said and done, clearly Collin had had enough!

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Oh my goodness do 3 year old boys know how to pout! I see that same look on my 3 yr old all too frequently.

And I still think it's totally WRONG that TJ did his FIRST marathon in 3 1/2 hours.