Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Happiest Birthday

I haven't taken time to share about the JOY that comes in spending time with my family! Recently, we have been spending some really fun time together. I am required to attend a training at UND for one week out of the month for 4 months, so my fam comes and visits for a night! Fortunately, my hotel has some really fun options! Such as WATERSLIDES!

It's always interesting being a mama to an all-boy family, as there is always some sweetness, but a lot more rough, tumble and PLAY!




But nothing, holds a candle to what my boys did today. Not that this isn't out of the norm, however, when it's mom's birthday, they go out of their way to make me feel extra special!


This morning I woke up to my favorite breakfast-french toast! Benjamin also greeted my happily this morning (this isn't so frequent) with a card of nothing else but....CINDERELLA "because it's your favorite". Who would have thought that my 4 yr old remembered that I LOVE the Cinderella story!?!?!


Also a huge highlight, we were blessed with an additional 12 inches of snow and 50mph wind gusts, requiring the city to shut down, forcing my family to all be at home together for some much needed quality time! We spent the day watching a movie, playing 'guys', cars, trucks, monsters and also being entertained by my boys' family band consisting of pots, pans, spoons and howling voices....I should sell tickets!





When the band was finished, they cooked me a cake-a SUPERHERO cake, that turned into more of a square PINK cake (with Ben's approval, of course) and we ate it alllll up!






Today I felt truly thankful, for my boys, for our home and all that we have been blessed in this life with. It meant so much to me to spend the day with you and I love you so very much. I am so proud to be your wife, TJ and proud to be your mom, Benjamin and Collin. Thank you for making my birthday so special today!






1 comment:

Michelle H. said...

Very cute! Looks like you had a great birthday...yeah!