Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Praying for Stellan

To swich gears a little bit, I want you to direct your attention, for a moment, if you would, to a precious family that I have been following for some time now. MckMama is a sweet mom to 4 children and her youngest, Stellan is in the hospital with an extremely high heart rate - in the upper 200's to lower 300's (what almost killed him inutero). Please be in prayer for Stellan, that his heart will flip back to a normal heart rate. They have tried several manuevers and medications to get his heart to flip, all to no avail.

You can click on the badge I have posted on the side of my blog and follow this story.

I know what it feels like to have a child born with medical needs, as both my boys were in the NICU for breathing issues. It feels so uncomfortable and helpless. I remember feeling so angry when I would walk out of the hospital and the world was still carrying on with it's day as if nothing was happening and how I wanted to SCREAM for it to just STOP and pay attention to helping my child.

This mother is strong beyond words, and she is such a testimony on what it mean and looks like to fully surrender your child into the arms of the Lord when so many things are out of control.

Please stop for a moment today and read their story and be praying for Stellan's full recovery!

No comments: