Friday, April 24, 2009

Life as a Social Worker. . .

At times, when I am asked "what do you do for a living" and I tell them, I get a variety of looks.

Smiles.
Scowles.
Confusion.

Statements like "oh, you're one of 'those people'"

I love what I do. But, like most things, it has its setbacks.

Like today.

Please pray for a family that is heavy on my heart today that is in court for Termination of Parental Rights (or TPR).

As much as I love keeping kiddos safe and stabilizing them in foster homes after enduring trauma in their home, my heart aches for families that are about to be "legally" broken.

It's a tough balance. Working with families who have not been able to provide nurturing environments for their kids, but finding JOY in watching their kids blossom when they ARE put in stable enviornments. Or, the JOY of seeing kids go back home to their family that is whole again.

As I posted earlier, "the least of these" are as far away as your backyard. Consider becoming a foster parent in your local community!

No comments: