Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Uganda update


A big part of the reason why I started to blog, besides to just sit and ramble on about various details of my life, was to bring awareness of things going on in... AFRICA!


On Tuesday, April 28th, Steffany, Amanda, Ann, Kim, Debbie, Brandi, and Ria, are traveling to Uganda through May 6th. Their mission? To identify and visit care points that are in desperate need of sponsorship. These gals will bring back a group of kids that have been laid on their heart to sponsor and get their local church/business/friends to work together to get these orphanages and child-headed households sponsored.


How precious it is to impact a child from across the globe! This is all done through Children's HopeChest.


Pray about it-get involved. If this is something that tugs at your heartstrings, check back with me in a couple weeks. I have asked Brandi to identify an orphanage on my behalf and though I will not be going on this trip, I really want to see the blogging community dive deep and impact Ugandan Children in a way that has never yet been seen.


Many of you know that my heart beats for the least of these-specifically in Africa. I talk about it a lot, I read about it a lot. Though I know that it is something that God has instilled in me, I am patiently waiting for what it is He is going to use me for in this-if it is here in the US or across International borders.


I believe that God doesn't suggest that we do something to minister to the "least of these" but rather commands us to serve them.


To hold an orphan in your arms, to stare into the eyes of a child that has been abused, neglected, tossed aside like a peace of trash is an amazing experience. What is even more amazing is when you watch her/him turn her heart to love Christ. To see a once broken child become whole is an awesome thing.


Search your heart and ask God what you can be doing for "the least of these".

No comments: