Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July fun

I LOVE the 4th of July weekend. It's a time that we spend with family completely relaxing and it's unlikely that we have an agenda. Food is a requirement. This year, we stayed at home and enjoyed it with friends.


Here are some pics from our fantastic weekend.
First, we kicked off the weekend by, what else.....an early morning "Firecracker trot" at a local University (I bet you can't guess who's idea that was....)
I was MORE than happy to be the cheerleader
By boys and their medals. Future marathoners...here we come.
What is a 4th of July without fireworms. These were a hit with the kiddos.
Like Father, like son. Need I say anymore?
One of our...ahem...legal fireworks.

We ended the weekend with warm weather, without being swarmed by too many mosquitos, staying fire burn-free, and full tummies. I am thankful to live in such a country and community that these are the things I need to worry about at this time.

No comments: