Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sunny Wednesday

I am sitting here at my desk at work, needing a break. So, here I am. I feel the Lord stirring in my heart and I feel restless. Do you ever have cravings just to be able to stop what you are doing and just sit with Him? I am so thankful that we serve a God where we CAN do that. No matter what we are doing, where we are, who we are with, we can be present with the Lord.

I was reading in my Bible the other day and came upon this verse that just met me where I was at. It is in Psalms 46:1-10

1 "God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."


Does that incourage you like it does TJ and I? We have a God that has gone before us, has already laid our life out for us, and all we have to do is hold Jesus' hand and trust him.

There have been turbulent times for TJ and I as we pursue going to Kenya next Spring. We have had encouraging conversations and also some strange looks from others. Regardless, we know that it is not about us. Our life is about serving a God that is much bigger than our thoughts. It is about serving God in ways that take us out of our comfort zone. Frankly, I am feeling really uncomfortable, but at peace.

If you would like to be on our prayer team with us on this journey, please email us at our new email, specifically for this journey at tlkenya@yahoo.com

Have you taken steps of faith recently? If so, share! I LOVE stories about how God has proven Himself faithful, in the smallest moments in our relationships and in the biggest, aching moments in our life. Let us be an encouragement to eachother. How GREAT is our God!

No comments: