Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's with gratitude I say....

I'm so grateful I can be real here. There is nothing more than to be transparent with the process of our family going over. To share the ways God is providing for our family, to share the hurts, the tears and the joy that comes with this season in our lives is precious. To know it is safe to do so here, with your support-well, there are just no words.

One thing that has proven true always is how God sustains us, no matter what. He knows my heart, He knows my husband's heart, He knows our unspoken feelings, words and He loves us the same.

On the note of transparency: In the news recently, I'm sure you have heard of the drama surrounding Greg Mortenson. The "Three Cups of Tea" author has been caught in the middle of deceit and fraud, after claiming he was building many schools in Afghanistan. Although I believe he started with really good intentions, it made TJ and I realize that we are all human. What can start out as a really good cause, a really well-intentioned purpose, things can get carried away very quickly.

That is why we want you to know that we intend to have ultimate transparency with every resource that is given to us. Aside from financial support, we have been blessed with generosity and support of all kinds. Emails, phone calls, meals, watching our kids, prayer, hugs-without you, this process would be even more difficult than it is already.

So, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you. Thank you for partnering in this journey with us.

We will be starting a monthly newsletter to keep all of you updated who may not be able to follow our blog as often as you want. I anticipate that the posts will be flowing when we get out there, because there will be so much to share.

No, I don't have a clue how to put a newsletter together. So, bear with us :) If you are interested in having updates by email from our family starting in August, please email me at tlkenya (at) yahoo (dot) com and I will put you on our email list.

To end this post, I wanted to share a video that can be found here. In a culture where people believe you are born into your fate, look at Narayanan Krishnan ministry. I hope it inspires you!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Your post stirred up in me all the memories of God's faithfulness to us as we leave for Mozambique next month to begin our journey as full-time missionaries. Words seem never adequate enough to express our gratitude to all who have given in different ways.